Foundational Objectives and Common Essential Learnings
In this unit students will increase their abilities to:
- Demonstrate an awareness and sensitivity to environmental issues.
- Recognize the importance of developing an understanding of energy.
- Appreciate that different cultures may regard certain issues differently.
- Recognize the impact that science and technology have on other realms.
- Act responsibly as scientifically literate individuals in helping to shape public opinion.
- Recognize the impact of technology on human lifestyles and on the environment.
- Promote both intuitive, imaginative thought and the ability to evaluate ideas, processes, experiences and objects in physics in meaningful contexts. (CCT)
- Strengthen their understanding within physics through applying knowledge of numbers and their interrelationships. (NUM)
- Develop their appreciation of the value and limitations of technology within society. (TL)
- Understand and use the vocabulary, structures and forms of expression which characterize physics. (COM)
- Develop into compassionate, empathetic and fair-minded people who can make positive contributions to society as individuals and as members of groups. (PSVS)
- Access knowledge. (IL)